Followers

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nelly & Logan & Secretariat

As most of you know, we have a new horse at the barn -- Nelly is hard to miss!  She is a cross draft and paint and has the biggest head I have ever seen on a horse.  I have ridden her now twice including a trail ride yesterday.  She is a really fun horse and I know has already been ridden by quite a few of our students.

As I think I have mentioned earlier, we have swapped Buck and Logan across the fence for the winter.  Buck really deserves a break and Logan will benefit from regular work.  In fact Karrie rode him on our trail ride yesterday.  Yesterday morning Logan and a few of our horses were right up on the tree/fence line -- the girls and I assumed Buck was on the other side.  It was very cute.

Lastly, Chuck, the girls and I all went to see Secretariat last night.  It is a wonderful movie for families and horse lovers of all ages.  Even though you know how it ends, it is still suspense filled and thrilling.  A wonderful Disney movie.  I think that DVD is destined for the barn collection for rainy summer  days!  I think I can embed a link to the trailer here:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/secretariat/?cmp=dmov_dpic_sec_psg_title_secretariat%20disney_Extl

No comments:

Post a Comment