Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Building Confidence

About a week ago I had a work emergency -- my entire hard drive on my work computer melted down.  While my company gets me a new laptop and a local tech genius worked to recover my files, I've relocated my home office.  What does that have to do with the farm?

Usually, I am looking out the front of the house, so while I am working at home I can see instructors, riders, farriers and the vet coming and going up the driveway -- and at this time of year, the horses grazing in the lower pasture.  But, unless I can get away from my desk, I don't see much riding.

These last few days, however, I have used the kids computer which sits near the kitchen and looks out over the outdoor riding ring.  It was that view that brought me to today's post.  Yesterday I was privileged to see a private lesson happening out of the corner of my eye.  There was nothing particularly noteworthy about the lesson.  Hercules was being a great boy and navigating a four or five jump sequence.  Except then I recognized the parent observing the lesson and I did a double take.  Because I hadn't seen this particular rider in a while, I was flabbergasted by her progress.

The accomplishments this youngster has made is so rewarding.  The confident way which she carried herself around the ring and the joy on her face as she conquered each jump made my day.

When Chuck decided to start this business, that was what he had in mind.  We have certainly learned a lot in the last several years and like any business, it isn't all roses.  But seeing Chuck's vision play out with riders who are here makes it all worthwhile!

Not quite worth losing my hard drive over, but a nice consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment